Saturday, July 2, 2016

Wanderings of India- The Starting

A country with 1.3 billion inhabitants is difficult to understand, right? On one side it is poor, dirty, full of pollution and crowded, but on the other side it is also rich, diverse, rapidly developing, vibrant, colorful and most importantly incredible.

                                         (South Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)

Do you see the skyscraper in the middle? It is a private home called Antilia and belongs to India's richest man, Mukesh Ambani. This skyscraper requires a staff of 600 people for maintainance. After Buckingham Palace this is the world's most expensive residential property.


(Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India)

The slum, Dharavi, is located in the same city. It houses one of the largest slums in the world.  


The media portraits India in the most confusing ways (and sometimes too negative ways), and therefore I have made a blog to make things easier for you; to make India easier for you.

Hello everyone!

I am Madhu Jaswal, and I live in Norway. I was born in India, and have an Indian background. My family lives in Punjab, but I have Rajasthani ancestry. I am interested in politics, literature, cooking and entertainment. My hobbies are badminton, cycling, yoga and dance. I like Norway, but sometimes my soul wanders on the roads of my homeland- India. Wherever you are you will at some point long for your home.



(Lake Palace (Jag Niwas), Udaipur, Rajasthan, India)
That's right! Lake Palace is built on Lake Pichola and it is at least 150 years old. It was built by the Royal Family of Udaipur, but it is now managed by Taj Group





(Golden Temple (Sri Darbar Sahib) , Amritsar, Punjab, India)
This is the holy Sikh temple, called the Golden Temple. The temple is covered with gold hence the name. It was founded in 1755 by the fourth, Guru Ram Das and the fifth guru, Guru Arjan


By blogging about India, I will feel that I am home again.

I am going to focus on Indian politics, history, sports, entertainment, cooking and literature. I will also add my experiences in India, and give you some travel tips.

You will discover it by your own, but I will be your guide. So join me on long wanderings to India. Are you ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment